Monday, January 28, 2013

So, Sew, So





   So....inspirational struck this past weekend. Sometime probably in November I went into Salvo for a little peruse as I often do. I came out with a nice little peachy dress which at the time my family hated. I have to admit, it did resemble something a 50 year old housewife from 50 years ago would wear. However, Saturday I decided that needed to change.


   On Monday i had the day off school so I went to work. Snip, snip, snip and away went the flow-y cap sleeves, soon to re-purposed. I took about 5 inches off the bottom of the skirt, cut that fabric apart, added the fabric from the sleeves into it re-sewed it back to the hem, and viola! 

(Excuse the superwomen pose and the adorable Harvey)

   The not so great thrift store find was transformed into something wearable, and now it comes along with bragging rights. 

Maybe this post will inspire someone out there to do something about that so-so article of clothing in the back of their closet that they always wish they could find a way to make it work. I can only wish.

Love, 
Chloe



No comments:

Post a Comment